Tuesday, November 20

The Quaterhouse Turn

Settin in front of me computer at work today, me mind half on the work at hand while the remainder wandered out through the window and sailed along the river that flows and burbles five stories below.

Where be yer mind goin when ya lets it offa the leash?

Mine went to unfinished business. Me gone and left Cabo* unfinished or at the very least, in the middle of a tale. This got me thinkin about other things left undone. Promises unkept. Aspirations unachieved. Now and again Me wonders about the lies we tell ourselves that keep the truth from ever reaching the surface.
Every time Me be spending time with mesself, Me encounters the ghost of Christmas past perfect. It don't hafta be crucifixion time to receive visitors from woudda, couldda, shoudda, Boulevard.

Me reckons that iffin there be a point to this post, and there ought to be, it is this: iffin ya got ya hands full livin life than there be no lookin backwards into the malestrom of mistakes and misjudgements. Go on! Make yer stupid mistakes and laugh. Nobody gonna care or condemn. Set yerself free with the knowledge that we ain't ever done finished with the work that be set out fer us. Go on now, go on and STOMP!

Me no recidivist.

* Cabo is a frog. Lend yerself to a search and you'll be part of the adventure.

6 comments:

Mayden' s Voyage said...

I love a Scary Monster more than any maiden ever has (but not more than the Vixen! ;)...thank you, thank you, thank you- for words that touch my heart, and points that are valid, and for permission to make my mistakes and laugh.

I didn't comment the other day, but the post you wrote about the Vixen's trip to the hair salon brought tears to my eyes. How many men complain about the cost and the time and the vanity of such things...and fail to appreciate the results? Too many~
But I suppose that you, along with Shrek, and Godzilla might appreciate the glory of a butterfly, or the softness of a flower petal more than most...

Monster- you have touched my heart at least 2 times this week- I thank you- and find myself rather grateful for your words this "Thanksgiving" in my part of the world.

I promise during this holiday to drink a tad too much at least once- and have at least one in your honor :)
Hugs...I send a big one :)

Libby said...

sm, this is a great post, & something i have to make myself do this week! thanks for the reminder!
BoUnCe!!

Corn Dog said...

Cabo.

Scary Monster said...

Mrs.C.~ That has to be the nicest comment anyone has ever left on this blog and there have been a lot of nice things been said here. In some ways Me feels that we have become a strange pair of lurkers fer each other. Not always needing to comment yet always felt. Thank you Cora, thank you.

Libby~ Hey libby. You just keep on BoUnCiNg and you'll get where ya going.

Corn Dog~ Iffin it's Cabo ya wants. Then it's Cabo you'll be getting.

STOMP!

Mayden' s Voyage said...

♥♥♥ :)

Helene said...

woudda, couldda, shoudda, Boulevard. I liked that line.

Sometimes life is like a painting... you can look at it one moment & it is just perfect. Another time the light is different, your mood is different and you cant imagine how it could claim to be finished when it needs so much more work.

These days I dont look at what I shoulda coulda woulda done as much as what I wanna needta to. Its different as I dont wish I did many things differently in the past, but I really am desperate not to miss anything in the future...For the first time in my life I feel my biological clock ticking... Not sure if that made sense or not...
Happy Thanksgiving! Will you be eating Turkey?