Sunday, July 22

I shouldn't be up this early.

Takin care of people be making me exhausting!
The Vixen and Me hosted a double banger party at a restaurant in town last night.
A celebration of new beginnings and an ending of sorts.
Two friends getting married.
One friend returning home to Canada.
Forty drunken reprobates and an open bar, get the picture?
As host and mood maker it were Me job to make sure that the booze flowed freely, (it did) the food were plentiful (it were) and everyone be having a good time(depends on how we define good).
There be problems when people are drinking babble juice.
These problems be compounded when there be a reason to constantly toast a person and wish them well.
One thing that happens is that as the initial euphoria sets in the volume of the merry making increases exponentially with every glass of champagne.
Then people gone start to make speeches and tell stories; glasses are refilled and drained.
We have a multi-lingual group, so there be folks making toasts in their native tongues: Merrican, German, Spanish, French, Japanese and one English bloke who came to the party already pissed and gave a speech in gibberish laced with what me can only assume to be an ancient elven dialect.
As parties progress there be a tendency for folks to gather into smaller clusters and there always be the one group who starts calling out for tequila shots. Much to me surprise, the Brit were at the center of this clique, telling stories and jerking around as he be doing the St.Vitus dance.
There were no less than two casualties from the encounter. The first were a tiny Japanese girl who been tryin to keep up with the guys and failed miserably.
Me had to carry her to a taxi and were fortunate that she didn't choose vomit until Her chaperon had given the driver her address and closed the cab door.
The second were a hulking hockey player who probably has taken way too many shots to the head. He were passed out and when we were being kicked out of the restaurant me had the wonderful responsibility for making certain he didn't get left behind and thrown out with the trash.
Parties be great fun merry making times.
Me loves to hear folks laughing and the sound of breaking glasses.
You got a party goin on? Gimme a holler and me will be there in me favorite court jester suit.

Me no hungover, amazing!

13 comments:

Libby said...

..."babble juice."
the BEST name i've ever heard for it...especially tequia!!

Anonymous said...

Babble juice rocks! I told my daughters its wobbly pop...

The Brit cracked me up. Your use of "gibberish laced with ancient elven" nearly killed me!

Being from a strong Scott & Welsh background - I betcha I can translate him aftet I've disappeared a few pints ;)

Mighty Dyckerson said...

I have a Tupperware party every Friday night. Come by next week...and bring the drunken Jap with you.

BURP!

Camille Alexa said...

one English bloke who came to the party already pissed and gave a speech in gibberish laced with what me can only assume to be an ancient elven dialect.

HAHAHAHAHahaha...

Hale McKay said...

Scary, you have been chosen by me as a recipient of an award. Come on over to my place to collect YOUR PRIZE.

Pink said...

Firsty, you can't be hungover iffin yer still drunk.

Second, yay Canada.

Third, English are ALWAYS drunk. Where YOU been?

Fourth, Where be'd my invite?

xx
pinks

Stacia said...

Lol at the acient elvish!!

I love parties. We don't really know enough people to have good ones here but we used to have them all the time in FL.

puerileuwaite said...

I have a little Communist Party rising up over here, comrade. We make sure no one dresses flashy, everyone drinks the same amount, and every beverage is potato-based.

Corn Dog said...

I think I would have let them throw the hockey player out with the trash. Too much weight. Too hard to move. Like a rock in mass and brain power?

leelee said...

TOGA TOGA TOGA

The Grunt said...

Louie Louie whoaaa baby, we gotta go!

leelee said...

yeah yeah yeah yeah ahhhhhhhhhh louie lou-ah

Scary Monster said...

Sounds like there's still a party goin on in here. Will you kids keep it down!!!
Stomping- back upstairs