Sunday, February 25

Getting what's coming to Me.



The Grammys are past, the Oscars are bearing down upon us, and Me ain't too sure, but me believes that the Bloggies have also been awarded as well.

Since the powers that be have not seen fit to recognize the genius that is the Pickle Monster, Me has taken it upon meself to place me own name on Hollyweird's walk o fame.

There are many that me ought to thank for allowing me such a prestigious position, but me won't do it. In the truest movie&musicland sense me will accept all of the credit and deliver no kudos.

OK, OK there be a whole lot of people who me has to thank for the the ideas, growth and development of this blog, but me can't do it without forgetting someone and possibly upsetting them. So me will just deliver Me "STOMPS" throughout the year to those deserving them.

Me is now writing me autobiography(with the help of a ghost writer) that will reveal all of your most terrible, nasty, dirty, scandalous secrets, while making me look like an angel. And iffin ya don't have any then Me will just have to make something up.

Do you have any dreams of fame? If you were to be known for some kind of greatness, what would it be?

9 comments:

Serena said...

Dearest Pickle Monster, what would one have to do to get one's own star?

Listen, for when you write your autobiography and dish on peoples' secrets, you don't know about that thing that time, do you?:)

Scary Monster said...

Which thing? the firs one or da odder one wit da people over der on the odder side of da blogtracks? Fuggedaboudit. Me not gonna tell anone bout dat.

Serena said...

I'm not convinced you know about THE thing, and I'm not giving out any hints, but thank you for your discretion. I knew I could count on you to keep mum.:)

Camille Alexa said...

I don't understand why anyone would have dreams of fame.

I'm not being flippant; I really mean it. Could you explain? Is it a fear-of-mortality thing?

Scary Monster said...

little birdblue~ Milan Kundera wrote an excellent story about the very same topic.

Me ain't lookin for fame, but would like to achive greatness. quiet greatness.

NYD said...

To tell the truth, my friend. I would love to be known for sharing and spreading knowlege and good.

Camille Alexa said...

I still don't get it.

I can understand loving to have shared and spread knowledge and goodness, but I don't understand the desire to be famous for having done it.

NYD said...

Fame comes as recognition, after the fact, for doing something above the norm, whether good or bad. The hope for fame is quite possibly the hope the pure desire to reach beyond ourselves and do something so extraordinary that people stand up and take notice. It may not be the primary motivator, but it is the rubbery yardstick by which we are judged.

Camille Alexa said...

?